Remember the first day of school? I always wore a brand new outfit, and had high hopes that only good times were ahead. That's how I feel now. Our au pair (our last one - we are done with au pairs - another story for another time) is gone. The new nanny/housekeeper/dog walker/Alice Brady starts on Monday. School begins on the 8th. My new attitude starts now.
I'm tired of feeling like I'm drowning in my own life. I'm always behind on something and feeling like I need to catch up. No more. It's a new day.
One of the first things I'm going to (re)implement is meal planning. Yesterday morning, we went to the Holland Farmers' Market and stocked up on fresh produce. With those ingredients in mind, I sat down this morning to create a meal plan for the week.
On the menu:
- Roasted Broccoli and Shrimp with Brown Rice
- Pasta with Raw Tomato Herb Sauce and Garlic Bread
- Organic, Farm-Raised Otto's Chicken on the Grill with Corn on the Cob, Potato Salad and Cucumber, Tomato Feta Salad
- Lisa/Baba's Bulgarian Stuffed Peppers with ??? (Recipe to come - this is a winner, and you can make extra for the freezer, which is awesome.)
Other changes I'm making in my life:
- Getting my home office filing system in order
- Going to the doctor for all of my checkups (dermatologist, gyn, general practice)
- Weekly masques/mini-facials at home
- Keeping the house in order (with the help of Sammy, our new Alice Brady)
- Going back to my old work schedule which involved leaving at 4:30 to come home